In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Parts for remington 742

beerboybeerboy Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 742 30-06. It stopped ejecting shells a couple of years ago. When we asked Remington about reparing it they said they wouldn't but they would give us a deal on a trade in. This was the first gun my grandfather ever bought my father and has centimental value to me so I don't want to trade it in. We can't seem to find parts for it anywhere, does any one know where I might be able to locate some?

Comments

• DABEARSDABEARS Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    I have a Remington 742 30-06. It stopped ejecting shells a couple of years ago. When we asked Remington about reparing it they said they wouldn't but they would give us a deal on a trade in. This was the first gun my grandfather ever bought my father and has centimental value to me so I don't want to trade it in. We can't seem to find parts for it anywhere, does any one know where I might be able to locate some?

YOU MIGHT TRY G.A.T. GUNS IN ILLINOIS. PHN#847-428-4867. A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION WITH AN OLD RIFLE AND THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT WERE ABLE TO HELP HIM.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    If you still need help try

Gun Parts Corporation
    226 Williams Lane, W.Hurley, NY 12491
    (843)679-4867
    www.e-gunparts.com

Hope this helps
  • gunone4gunone4 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun parts corp. should have what you need,but if they don't try Bob's gun shopPh.# 501-767-1970 P.O. box 200 Royal AR.71968
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try a good cleaning.The chambers were known to get dirty and rough sometimes the case would stick and the bolt would jerk the extractor out when it cycled.