In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tika rifle vs. savage rifle

danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm replacing my ruger rifle for various reasons and have looked into buying Savage, Remington, or Tika (by beretta). Accuracy is of the utmost importance and I do not want to have to do ANY work on it, i.e. bedding, trigger work, etc. Tika guarntees 1 inch group at 100 yds before it leaves factory, I don't think either of the others do. I'm leaning away from the Remington because I'm not crazy about its looks (I'm left handed and most dont offer wide selection) Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• rjpeacockrjpeacock Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hands down go with the Tikka. Exceptional accuracy out of the box, and smooth as glass action. You will not be disappointed. I have many different brands of rifles, and like the Tikkas that I have better than most of them. Would buy another in a second. Russ
  • bullhaulerbullhauler Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The tikka or the remington would be a great choice. I prefer the remington myself. Every one I have shoots exceptionally tight groups with ammo that they like. My main reason for the remington is that they are american made. But you cant go wrong either way.

welcome to America...now speak english or get the ****out
  • HUNTER30HUNTER30 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Tikka 25-06 & mounted a Zeiss scope on it.It's very accurate & the recoil is very light.I think if you were to purchase a Tikka in a 25-06 you would be very happy with it.I wish i would of purchased that set-up a long time ago. Hunter
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go the Rem 700 BDL LH. My cousin bought a 7mm Ultra mag and it shot close to a 3/8" group with factory ammo. Shoots and looks nice once you take off the open sights. There is a 700 BDL LH (270) on www.gunsamerica.com for $515 which seems like a good price.

Mad Dog
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the asterisks, I must have posted the rival web site. Anyways, you can get a good deal on the BDL LH if you look around. If you want synthetic stock, go Tikka, it think it would be easier to get.

Mad Dog
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    I have been accused of "my blood running green" because of my love for John Deere and Remington, however if you were to purchase that Tikka, you will be pleased! I think they are great rifles right out of the box!!! Put a quality glass on it too!!! Leupold Vari-X3, Burris Signature, Zeiss, don't skimp!!! You'll always wish you'd bought better to start with!! GHD
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    The Tikka surpasses the Save only in looks and asthetics. As far as accuracy goes the Savage has it.

moc.murofsmraerifeht
  • sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Staying inside your perameters "out of the box accurate" both rifles will fit your needs. That being said, the Tikka is an outstanding rifle. Last one I handled (7MM Mag )was great. Perfect wood to metal fit, great finish on wood, deep bluing, and the first 5 shots at 100 yards measured .750". The Savage rifles I've owned have been very accurate. One of my favorites still is my 25x06 heavy barrel. Triggers are usually rough and fit and finish are so so but you can just about buy two Savages for the price of one Tikka. Savage brings home the game but you get more style points with a Tikka.
  • sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Staying inside your perameters "out of the box accurate" both rifles will fit your needs. That being said, the Tikka is an outstanding rifle. Last one I handled (7MM Mag )was great. Perfect wood to metal fit, great finish on wood, deep bluing, and the first 5 shots at 100 yards measured .750". The Savage rifles I've owned have been very accurate. One of my favorites still is my 25x06 heavy barrel. Triggers are usually rough and fit and finish are so so but you can just about buy two Savages for the price of one Tikka. Savage brings home the game but you get more style points with a Tikka.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year one of my hunting partners bought a Tikka from Bass Pro Shop in Atlanta for around 350 bucks.I am a big Savage fan,but the Tikka is just as accurate,has a better trigger and looks better.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am no expert, and have experience with only one rifle you mentioned.
    Savage 111 left hand in 3006.
    I bought it cause I wanted an 06, but did not want to spend a lot of money. Found this one used, and it is an amazing rifle. I have heard that the triggers are less than ideal, but I see no problem whatsoever with the trigger on my rifle-though I guess it is possible that someone put another trigger on this rifle before I bought it. The rifle has dropped two deer this year, and it is great at the range.

"Sometimes the people have to give up some individual rights for the safety of society."
    -Bill Clinton(MTV interview)