In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith & Wesson Model 629

rfo1rfo1 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
Recently I bought a S&W model 629 which I think is a bit of a rarity.It has a 3 inch full lug barrel with an unfluted cylinder.I'm wondering if it was a Lew Horton special production gun which was introduced quite some time ago.By the way it's like new, in factory box with manual.I paid $350.00 Canadian for it-- any thoughts ?
Rick rlta@shaw.ca

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rfo1.. It sounds like you have the Classic Hunter product code 103650, look on your box at the end label. There were 3,200 of these made in sept 1989. It has the 3" Barrel and unfluted cylinder like you wrote.
    There were some other 3" .44 mags but with comped barrels. Smith made several Lew Horton runs, with different features than you mentioned.
  • Options
    rfo1rfo1 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Lefty,
    You are right-- it is product code 103650. One more question--when I got the 629 it came with Pachmyer grips which I thought was a bit odd.The previous owner claimed it came from the factory that way.I've since replaced them with Hogue square butt rubber grips--the ones with silver S&W medallions recessed on both panels-- I think they look a lot smarter and I like the grip and feel a lot more.
    What do you think about the price I paid ? (about $225.00 USD)
    Rick
  • Options
    aby80aby80 Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You stole it.

If you don't care where you are going, you can't get lost.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rfo1.. aby said it.. you gotta deal. That same gun here in the US of A would be 350 to 400 dollars.