In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bersa Thunder Quality and cost of mags?

farrangerfarranger Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I've had two different gun dealers tell me that the Bersa Thunder .380 is the best one there is, that they looked at all the others and took the best things. Any experience or comments appreciated. Also, what do the magazines cost? thanks, Kyle
freedom isn't free

Comments

• J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a dealer, and for the money the Bersa is ok. It is ok for a ccw, but I wouldn't want to call it a 2000 round target p[istol. Bottom line it is a cheap pistol. I think the clips are around $20 .
  • No BullNo Bull Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one for my wife, I thought it would be excellent for her, big enough to get a good grip,heavy, safe and in .380. It turned out to be accurate, feed hollow points and recoiled very little. Unfortunatey it broke twice. Once the spring under the grip pannel and the other time the trigger locked up and had to be sent back. That was after about 300 rounds.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar size and weight, go with a Sig P232, its a hell of alot better pistol.Beretta also makes nice .380's like the Cheeta 84 and 85. Can pick them up used for about $350 at gunshows here in TX.