In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

dove meat

AGMIKEAGMIKE Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
A buddie and I just got 20 dove breast and hoppfully 20 tomarrow. I need a couple of good recipies on how to cook this meat. Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AG you just take them things and saute them in butter 'till they're done and eat and enjoy. Use a little salt and fresh ground pepper if you like.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only 20 between the two of you?6' to 7' lead @ 50 yds.Modified chohe 12 ga.
  • lugee00lugee00 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best way I've found is to plank em. You get a wood plank, cherry is best, tack the breasts to the plank and prop it up near a camp fire, cook slowly. When done remove the breasts from the plank and throw away, then eat the plank. Same method works for sage hen too.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Add alittle bacon to the mix of badboy's recipe for a little extra.MMMMMMMMgood!
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD![This message has been edited by will270win (edited 09-02-2001).]
  • KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make a slice on each side of the breast, insert a piece of jalapeno pepper, wrap with a slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick - toss on outdoor grill until done. ENJOY!
  • JBJB Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrap a half slice of bacon around them and pin with a toothpick. Marinade in Itailian salad dressing for at least 2 hours. Then grill on the grill for about 5-6 min a side ( bone in)
  • UmpimahkenUmpimahken Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brown the breasts in a little butter. Then remove the breasts and make a good brown gravy with the drippings. Put the breasts back in and simmer until falling off the bone tender. Remove the bones and enjoy.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eat'em RAW!!!!
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a Virginia recipe for you
    marianade in a mixture of Worchester sauce, lemon juice, and melted butter for an hour or so(the concoction will congeal). Light the CHARCOAL grill (gas grills are o.k., but not as good). Put the container on the grill so the marianade melts, and put the birds bone side down and cook until browning around the edge of the breastbone, then turn on one side and then the other, basting all the time with the melted marianade. DON'T OVERCOOK--i.e. 4 min. max/side. I can't stand it----Momma, fire up the grill!!!!!!!!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you need a federal stamp to hunt doves? Never thought about hunting them, but all these recipes got me hungry.