In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Klean Killer Pigeon Gun

GoozieGoozie Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
My Grand Father had a shotgun 20-16 gauge that I inherited. on the side it has "Klean Killer Pigeon Gun" engraved on the sideOn the top of the barrel stamped into it reads "Patented Aug. 11, 1896" or 1898 (I don't have it here in front of me) I am trying to find out more information about this type of gun Please HelpPlease email at mailto:ahngosen@bevcomm.net

Comments

• GoozieGoozie Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Help I need more information about this Gun
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe it was made by Hopkins & Allen as a "hardware store gun" for a Missouri-based hardware store.Value is as a decorator/curiosity only, would advise against shooting it.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    A.D.'s correct as usual. Probably ok to shoot if in proper mechanical condition, but much better permanently on display in a den.It's not worth taking a risk when the value of the gun will be pressed to exceed $35.00 and your fingers... Well, that's a different story!