In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

montgomery ward shotgun

rlfcjfrlfcjf Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I was looking for info on a Montgomery Ward Western Field 20-Gauge pump shotgun model 35.Number behind the trigger guard is U 38244 and on the left side of the barrel are the words, proof tested 20 gauge ,, pics were taken by a cheap pin camera but kinda gives you an idea what it looks like.

http://www.geocities.com/per409/gun.html

As long as im asking,what about a single shot 12 guage Riverside Arms 32 in barrel? This gun belonged to my great grandfather "Maybelle Carter's daddy.

Comments

• rlfcjfrlfcjf Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my first gun and with it got my first whitetail. make is HAWTHORNE and Model is M149.. It is a bolt action , two slugs in the clip. Needs a new TRIGGER GUARD. Old one is plastic andhas cracked in two places. forgot to mention it is a 20 guage.. tried to cross reference it in gun values digest but no luck.can anyone help me located needed partthanksrick
  • rlfcjfrlfcjf Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello my name is Scott and i am new to gunbroker.com and to fire arms in general. I have an old montgomery ward 12 gauge side by side shotgun that was my dads. I know he got it in south dakota. Parents divorced when i was young and i never really went hunting with him. anyway serial numbers match. fore stock retainer clip had a piece brake off and now the fore stock wont stay on. nothing about shell size on the gun other than 12 gauge proof tested on it. only other marking i can find is pat.apr.20-1915 model stamped on is Hercules. im looking for info like who really made the gun and find some one who can either get a me or repair the fore stock clip. i have never fired this gun. any and all help is apprecciated. Thank You Scott
  • crisisbillcrisisbill Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
    If you Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Failfreetog@ulster.net
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Mossberg product, made for Montgomery Wards. Is it simply an external trigger guard, or is it more of a housing with parts fitting inside of it?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com