In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

intratec

cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I bought an upper receiver for an intratec tec-9. The person who sold it had misrepresented its compatibility. The difference is that the end of the receiver is not threaded. Is it possible to have it threaded somewhere, or does anyone know who can do it so I can put the endcap on.

Comments

• cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    are tec-22's just as prone to jamming as the tec-9?
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, not as much in my opinion. The 9mm works well, almost flawlessly with the Blazer aluminum cartridges. They are more lightweight.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Only when they will actualy feed and eject. I have one that I got for $100, which was about $100 too much. It will shoot 1 round all the time, but I have yet to find anything that will eject from it.

Just remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Anyone who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither!!!

Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

John
  • lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen TEC 22's that won't eject, but it was because people were trying to use Butler Creek Hot Lips Magazines. Butler Creek Hot Lips 10/22 magazines work great in a 10/22, but not in the TEC 22. Why? Because they don't have an "ejector" built into their feed lips. Standard factory 10/22 mags have an ejector built into the feed lips of the magazine. So do the Ramline magazines. The Ruger 10/22 has an ejector built into the gun, the TEC 22 does not have an ejector built into the gun. Hence you must use a magazine in the TEC 22 that has an ejector built into the feed lips of the magazine itself, otherwise it will extract the shell and leave it in the action and jam it up. In general I would recommend the Butler Creek Hot Lips magazine over the Ramline, but when the magazine is being used specifically in the TEC 22, I've got to go with the Ramline type magazine instead.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Irarmsx--can use it myself. [:D]
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel if you use the expensive round nose ammo in the tec .22 it works better. I use Mini-Mag brand in mine. Like I said the Blazers work well in the 9mm, the same company makes the Mini-Mag .22's. Like $3.00 a box for 50 rounds.