In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

chinese tokarev pistol 7.62x25

rodas13rodas13 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
54-1 7.62x25 on slide.

gun is brand new. only 50 rounds through it so far. it looks like the 1911. i should have clarified, sorry gentlemen, the marks it (the case)is leaving are actually on top of the slide just about a 1/4" behind ejection port. seem like the case is rolling/flipping out and hitting top of slide.

the brass marks come off with oil, but seem to be wearing the blue away on slide.

when shooting the gun the cases that are ejected leave brass marks on the slide behind the ejection port. is this normal? how can it be prevented or repaired? it seems the only way the spent case can do this is by rolling backwards during ejection. thanks pr

i will try to take a picture of gun later.

Comments

• rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry but I can't find my de-coder pin. Please repeat in plain language, giving a complete description and a photo if possible.
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I believe He's talking about a Chinese Tokrev...........and without actually seeing this gun, I can't make an intelligent assessment of the problem............

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I would suspect the ejector is loose or worn. This would cause the casing to not be thrown completely clear of the pistol and be clipped by the ejection post on the return of the slide.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    th_23018.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the gun is not jamming, what you describe sounds normal to me.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ejecting cases are supposed to pivot around the extractor during ejection. On at least a few semi auto rifles like the AK, shells eject with a lot of force that dents or nicks the brass when it strikes the rear of the port.
    You could have a sharp edge at the port's rear that shaves brass on the way out.You'd loose some blueing in removing it and gain nothing.
    I examined several of my Tokarevs and didn't notice brass traces or filings behind the port but it wouldn't have bothered me if I did.
    If it feeds with no jams, fires and you can hit with it, enjoy.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK on rereading your issue I understand brass is striking the outside top of the slide, 1/4" aft of the port. Does the caliber marking on the slide say 7.62x25 or 9mm. The ejector locations are different and a loaded round should eject without the bullet hanging up on the front of the port.
    With the slide locked back, the ejector cut should be about 1/4" forward of the bolt face.
    If the above is correct, I would look at the shape of the extractor claw. As it is the cheaper part,I'd replace it and compare how the claws differ before installing it.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    OK on rereading your issue I understand brass is striking the outside top of the slide, 1/4" aft of the port. Does the caliber marking on the slide say 7.62x25 or 9mm. The ejector locations are different and a loaded round should eject without the bullet hanging up on the front of the port.
    With the slide locked back, the ejector cut should be about 1/4" forward of the bolt face.
    If the above is correct, I would look at the shape of the extractor claw. As it is the cheaper part,I'd replace it and compare how the claws differ before installing it.

On the same note, I believe most, not all, Chinese Tokarevs were imported as 9mm guns. My Chinese Tok came with 7.62 marked on the slide and 9mm marked on the barrel. I dumped the 9mm barrel and bought a used Polish 7.62x25 barrel from : http://www.Surplusfirearms.com/

If you need to replace a part, that guy would be the place to go. Call him in the afternoon and he should be able to help you out. If the gun functions fine-- feeds / ejects, w/o jamming, I wouldn't worry about it. Those guns sell around here for about $150. I picked mine up for a lot less. [;)][8D][;)]

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg