In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt AR-15 SN: 02502 w/ original Colt scope....

bd617bd617 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have the chance to buy an early Colt AR-15 with an original colt scope in very good condition. The serial number is 02502. If somebody could give me an idea what something like this would be worth I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks a lot,
BD

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the archives first. Maybe you will find the answers to all your questions (& what information to give us if you still have any questions.)

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=211489&SearchTerms=ar-15

Neal
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    800-1200 depending on model, condition
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a very nice 1966, I think the serial number was 8486. No box but the pivot hinge was still stiff and still had the original all original parts including the 2 piece buffer and 3 prong flash hider ... I got $2500 for it nearly 10 years ago.

... its all about condition, who's looking and how bad they want it.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am assuming you left off the prefix from the quoted serial number, correct? It should have a "SP" prefix if it is an early Colt AR-15. My charts show the number given as early 1965.

Check to see if the scope is made in the USA instead of Japan. An early scope should be USA manufacture.

As KK notes, early guns bring a big premium to the right buyer, but part of the price he quotes was probably due to the AW ban then in effect.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JudgeColt
    part of the price he quotes was probably due to the AW ban then in effect.
    I hadn't thought of that ... but it's not like it was a "shooter" [B)]

... and maybe I just got lucky!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.