In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HK 91 mount

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Need advice which mount to use. Clamp/Claw or ones that tighten down with weaver top base. Do the latter work? link provided

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=55403235

Comments

• Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my Claw mount, A little pricey, but I dont keep my
    scope on the weapon when storing. havent used the other.
  • Options
    je2140je2140 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a B-Square on my 91 for 15 years of hunting and plinking and it's never gotten loose or given me any problems. It costs much less then the HK claw mount
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by je2140
    I've had a B-Square on my 91 for 15 years of hunting and plinking and it's never gotten loose or given me any problems. It costs much less then the HK claw mount

Is this the B square mount you are talking about?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=55314256
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto Pat's son comment.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    claw mount is the only way to go, you can take them on and off with out loosing zero, b-square cannot do that
  • Options
    mr_floppymr_floppy Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look for A.R.M.S. mount for G-3
    The claw mount works well

Claw mount Marked
    A.R.M.S. MA. 02379
    U.S.A. SWAN G-3

I also agree with the usefull-ness of locking back into zero .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I am going with the B-square.. Don't plan on taking the optics off once installed. Don't remove them on my other rifles either.
  • Options
    artvlsartvls Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    B-square product are considered crap. If you want the low profile mount I would recommend the B&T mount. JLD is also offering a low profile mount but I don't know how good it is. A facory claw mount or the ARMS claw are very good. I wounldn't go cheap unless you have a cheap rifle.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    claw mount is the only way to go, you can take them on and off with out loosing zero, b-square cannot do that

The factory HK claw mount for the HK91 is the most bullet-proof scope mount I've ever seen. It might cost you three or four times as much as the b-square mount but it is the best. You can remove the scope and mount and return to zero. You can toss the rifle up in the air and let it fall to the ground and it will still hold zero.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go with an ARMS mount, they are pricy, but they make a quality product. You get what you pay for. If you just want something for plinking, then a bsquare mount will be just fine. But I think otherwise ARMS is the way to go. http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/*/arms_mounts/1
    Like I said they aren't cheap. $225, but you definatly will be getting what you pay for.