In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold Zero-Point

jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone else used this thing? This is the neatest thing since sliced bread![:D] Picked one up today and just started messing with it. Put it on a few of my scopes that I KNEW was sighted in and sure enough it was dead on, on the Zero-Point. Put it on a couple I hadn't sighted in yet and adjusted them to the grid. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet though, but I'm betting they are pretty close. Took it on and off several rifles and the readings were the same EVERY time. IMO this has made the old fashion boresighters w/arbors obsolete, at least to me. Will work with high mounted sights/scopes like those on AR's too. I guess the only way this wouldn't work is if you had a barrel cut and recrowned and the muzzle wasn't square with the bore. Anyone else just as pleased with theirs as I am mine?[8D]

Here's a link to one for those that haven't seen them before.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7796&title=ZERO+POINT+MAGNETIC+ILLUMINATED+BORESIGHTER

Ben

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't see spending $110 on it. I use old BSA arbor type bore sighter. I'm zeroed with 4 or less shots.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are out there for $59. and worth every penny, I am selling my Bushnell boresighter, the Zero-point is so small and so easy, and no arbors to shove up your bore.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent casing, with the primer knocked out, and a Mark-1 Eyeball. costs about $.02
    I have a prism that I use, with the above, on those that I can't see stright through (M-94, M1 Garand types)
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    They are out there for $59. and worth every penny, I am selling my Bushnell boresighter, the Zero-point is so small and so easy, and no arbors to shove up your bore.

Yep, it's so small and easy to use. Great to take to the range. I didn't pay $110, paid $56 for it, and your right, worth every penny. Use one once and I'll promise you'll give up all other ways of boresighting.[;)]

Ben
  • Options
    ViperMDViperMD Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen but not used one, I keep telling myself that my arbor system works well, that is until I mount a AR or other weapon with compensator. Price seems reasonable when you mount a number of scopes, besides I have a box full of "GREAT" holsters. Thank You for the feedback. ViperMD.