In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help with S&W .357 Model 627 Value

straujastrauja Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to determine the value of a S&W Model 627 in .357 5.5" barrel, 6 shot, unfluted cylinder. In several price guides, they have it listed as $500 New, un fired. However, I'm seeing these go for values around or higher than $1,000.[?] Am I looking at the wrong model or is there something unique with this model not reflected in the price guides. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in great shape you should get at least $650, maybe more (guessing by solds on here)
    books get out of date fast with trends and markets
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'm looking at this from the buy side, so would you still put it in the same ball park? This is a private party, not a dealer selling it.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 627 is an 8 shot, 5" barrel Performance Center gun that uses moon clips. This is what the older 627 6 shot non fluted cylinder revolvers evolved into. This may be the guns you are seeing with the higher price tags. They also make it in .38 super. You are looking at one of the older versions, The Blue Book shows 95% $500.00.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Current blue book says any where from $230.00 @ 60 percent condition to $700.00 @ 100 percent, which would be considered NIB with all papers. this is only a guide as sometimes local and/or regional demand can escalate prices. That you will see reflected at the auction side.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for everyone's assistance. Much appreciated. -Jim