In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Standard Sentinel R-101

flyfshnflyfshn Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a High Standard Sentinel R-101 .22 9 shot pistol and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is worth....just a ballpark price

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We would either need photos, or a very specific physical description. Noting if it's factory original and cosmetic condition.

That said, the early alloy frame Sentinels such as yours, don't bring in a lot of money, even in excellent condition.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the boards. w/o more info, we cant even ballpark you. try doing a search here on gb and look at what the other are fetching.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • flyfshnflyfshn Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.....that picture is not it though. I will take a pic this evening and post it. Mine is a revolver.....gray in color and has a stainless steel barrel.
  • JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    Sentinels in teh R-101 series were offered with blued steel barrel and cylinder parts and black dyed anodized aluminum frame and grip frame or in nickel finish on the barrel, cylinder, frame and grip frame. There wereno Production Sentinela at any time period that were stainless or that had stainless barrels.

Condition is the key to value. A serial number can be used to determint the original factoru finish type.
    edited November -1
    the frame is blued steel and the barrel is nickel finish....the serial # is 758379. It is in pretty good condition, but you can tell it has been used. I have 2 pics but it will not allow me to paste them into this message??
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyfshn
    the frame is blued steel and the barrel is nickel finish....the serial # is 758379. It is in pretty good condition, but you can tell it has been used. I have 2 pics but it will not allow me to paste them into this message??

If it's marked "R-101"? the frame is made out of aluminum, you can verify this with a magnet. I have a original R-101, the finish on the frame and barrel, should be the same. Since there not, it's a indication that some shade tree gunsmith, has been bubbaing it. This would have a negative effect, on it's already minimal value.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    $105-$115 in VG condition.
    $85-100 in Good.
  • JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    758,379 shipped as a catalog number 9127 on 18 October, 1957 to account number 5200 on invoice number 16196.
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I appreciate all the help!
  • William BuchholzWilliam Buchholz Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a nice Sentinel in a local pawn shop for $70.