In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ideal tactical shotgun setup?

RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
All:What is the ideal tactical shotgun setup given: I don't have a freaking Swiss bank account to pay for it.Brian

Comments

• thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remmington 870, with 18 Inch Barrel. Over Folding Stock/pistol grip. And a mounted high power flashlight under the barrel.or just buy a Benilli m90
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I vote for a Remington 870, no folder, but a Speedfeed stock. Choate, Remington or Scattergun Technologies mag extension. Light, maybe. Vang-Comp barrel, for sure. No fancy sights. Just a bead, thank you. Maybe a big head safety button.Take the money you save over buying one of the super whiz-bang specials and spend it on shells. And shoot it.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator and Supreme Ruler of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    The 916 S&W Eastfield riot gun with extended mag, rifle sights on an 18 inch barrel,and a Walnut stock.Bought it for $135.,needed cash,sold it for $170. a year later.Wish I had it back.I have 870 wingmasters ,just gettin` tired of havin` loose barrels,stocks,and stuff layin``round.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
    edited November -1
    Bee-man, you are one of the few people I have ever heard speak well of the S&W 916.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator and Supreme Ruler of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Well nunn,maybe I just had a good one,I`ve seen a lot of broken ones now that you mention it,while helping out at the gunshop, working on guns,and so forth.Maybe I didn`t answer the question well,I liked the one I had,plus the $135. that I paid for it,and I didn`t have to mess with my M-12s or my 870s.I guess I`m gunna have to put together an 870 now anyway,I just hate havin`30 inch barrels in the closit,left over when I`m done.
    edited November -1
    Sell 'em. I sell lots of barrels on GB, the premier gun auction site on the net.
  • briscobrisco Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red,try this site: http://www.mossberg.com/pcatalog/Specpurp.htm You can find a Mossberg 590 to fit your need and your budget, and it will never, never let you down.I'll keep mine, always.