In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

F.I.E Bronco dual rifle/shotgun

k2graspk2grasp Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know more about the Bronco?k2grasp@msn.comThe F.I.E. Bronco was imported by the F.I.Ecompany of Miami Florida. The Bronco is a dual .22 caliber and .410 shotgun. The Bronco was manufactured with a skeleton stock and breaks down into two pieces by holding open a latch; rotating the barrel assembly to one side; and then sliding the barrelassembly off of a metal post. This is also how the gun was loaded and unloaded. Itis either anondized black or painted black. About F.I.E.F.I.E at one time was located in Washington D.C in the 1960s and operated a manufacturingplant near accokeek Maryland (now the Berreta plant). After the 1968 gun control act, F.I.E moved to Miami Florida. I believe in the early 1990s they went out of business.

Comments

• pit-sitterpit-sitter Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I have had a little interest in the Bronco since they were available new. I believe that they were also sold by Garcia at one time. If you have the combo gun you have, in my experience the rarest one. Bronco was also made as a single shot 22 and a single 410. Have read some info that tries to suggest that they started as a pilot survival weapon. I don't believe that to be the case. Just an entry level/utility piece IMO. Have yet to own one myself. Hope you enjoy yours. Chris
  • k2graspk2grasp Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I have something like the Bronco in .22. Luv it! shoots CB longs at 30 yards inside a dime off hand. This one made at the Accokeek Md plant in the 60's. And yes, they were orginally a pilots survival rife. I would like to get the BRONCO in .22 or .22/.410 and I remember it being offered for sale only I though it was F.I.E. and not Garcia. Thanx for combing your memory for me.
  • pit-sitterpit-sitter Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you like this type of gun you should check out the Springfield Armory M6. Made in 22lr/410 or 22 Hornet/410. I bought the latter. They are also based on a pilot survival gun. The original had 14" barrels and used the Hornet for the upper barrel. The trigger guard can be removed from the commercial model and then it will fold like the military. On the military, however, the muzzles are even with the butt when folded.Wish I could figure out how to improve the trigger on mine. There was also a little wire stocked Savage or Stevens 22 Hornet bolt action repeater with a short barrel that was issued for pilot survival. I've got a few rounds of miltary Hornet ammo that was in with a box of Contender stuff I bought several years ago. Chris