In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BRNO 7x75over12ga 3 barrel set value?

BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I came across this set of 7x75/12ga, 12ga/12ga(m/im) and 12ga/12ga(skeet barrels with ported compensators). The set was overall about 95%+ only due to minor wear on the stock. Bores are all bright and about 100rnds of 7x75. Any ideas?
IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY

Comments

• AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BRNO markets several different combination gun sets with varying prices. The ZH-300 for instance has eight interchangeable barrels in almost any configuration you could want.The rifle caliber should be 7x57R.I would be a buyer, if it is available.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I have not received these yet DR., when I get them I'll send you some pics - what would a fair market value be? They are at my Cousins who may want to sell.
    edited November -1
    $1500 - $3500, depending on which model, engraving, etc.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
    edited November -1
    I'm sure he would be interested to know this. I will contact you as soon as I can get some more info and a few pics. Thanks!!
    edited November -1
    Ok Dr. I called and got some more info - No engraving on the receiver. The Skeet barrel set w/compensators is a ZH302 the Trap set is a ZH303 and the oddity is the 7x57 rimmed(correct)over 12ga is stamped ZH204(not 304). The only explanation I can think of is the 12ga barrel on this one is a 2.75" chamber unlike the others. This does have a Pacmeyer (sic) butt pad. Inside the case are 2 boxes of 20 Dynamite Nobel cartridges and 6 boxes of 10 Troystorf Dynamite Nobel cartridges. The case is not orignal and is inexpensive wood, but fitted for these and padded. I hope this narrows it down a little for you.[This message has been edited by BlueTic (edited 09-10-2001).]
    edited November -1
    He may want to check the combination barrels again, that is almost certainly ZH-304. The ZH series is the low end BRNO, with eight different choices of mix-and-match barrel assemblies. It probably did not originally come factory cased (although possible).The shotgun with the two extra barrel sets would retail used at about $1200-$1400.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offering some additional info on your post.2.75" (2 3/4") also 70cm., was often made for US export The common European length being 2 5/8". The 7X57mm Rimmed was also fairly common as it was made for doouble rifles, drillings, and combinations (sometimes called Cape guns in large calibers).Check the 'proofmarks', and the cartridge & guage/case #'s which will be stamped on the underneath/sides of the barrel set.
    Happy Bullet Holes!