In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Delton AR's

saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys. Any opinions on AR rifle quality coming from Delton?

Comments

• dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a serious AR shooter, I use mine for 100 yds or so general plinking and some not so serious target shooting. The few uppers I've bought from them have worked fine, been well finished, reliable and accurate. By accurate I mean a 16" (pinned & welded FH) barrel doing 2" groups at 100 yds with all sorts of 50 & 55 grain ammo.

I've heard quality is hit or miss, my experience is that they're OK for the money spent. Just my experience.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Delton Chrome lined complete M4 upper on a DPMS complete lower. It worked. No problems at all.

Traded it off for something else.

If you can handle the gun b4 you buy it. Make sure the bolt carrier has forward assist cuts on it. Mine didn't and I never noticed till I sold it as I don't use the forward assist.

Edit
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    It is not considered one of the top names.

I think one of the reasons that's the case is Delton doesn't pay for marketing of their products other than their add in shotgun news. You're not going to read a magazine article about Delton products like you are Bushmaster, Rock River, etc.

Delton is a parts company. Selling complete rifles is pretty new for them. Doesn't suprize me as it's really easy to get your name on a stripped lower these days.

I have not seen a lower receiver of thiers, but I would put their quality at the same level as DPMS. The nice thing with Delton is that chrome lined barrels are available where I don't believe DPMS even offers it.

Rock River (as far as AR's go) started out pretty much the same way.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is not considered one of the top names.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've handled a few of them...its a typical AR clone...it appeared to be decent quality, and for a sub $800.00 price if its all you can afford go it.

A friend has put a couple thousand rounds through his without any issues
  • cwi555cwi555 Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=142001964

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141975745

Getting a little closer to sub 700 dollar gun now.

The most recent gun show I went to I witnessed one go out the door for 600, and another for 650.

Now's the time to buy if you can.
  • saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I'm not an AR guy, but I want one. And the price is coming down again. I've seen a Delton A3 flat top on GB for $600. I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about them. Just that they don't say RRA or Bushmaster on them.