In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beretta X-TRA GRAIN

MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Is anyone familiar with Beretta's new "X-TRA GRAIN" process? I have not seen one of these guns in person and wondered how it looks. If you have seen one please let me know what you think.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Also, new is Beretta's proprietary X-TRA GRAIN wood enhancement treatment on standard models. This wood surface enhancement treatment, applied to the walnut, improves the look of the walnut. This process is obtained from a new technology that highlights the color contrast of the wood resulting in a beautiful and rich pattern.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is a Gunbroker auction which shows some pics of the X-TRA GRAIN finish.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76821607

Thanks,
Regards, MAALOX

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Extra Wood, on the Beretta's is the result of a topical treatment. It makes the percieved grain look like something that it is not from a distance. I had a 686 Pro with it, that had beautiful natural grain that was IMHO messed up with the Extra Wood treatment, when a close examination was taken. Basically it is a superficial staining process to imply the likeness of burlwood, or contrasting grain structure that is not there.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello sort of like some Cars and Women looks goood at a distance traveling fast but not up close "PAINT"[V][:(][:0] Your mileage may vary.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I would pass. do they still put that butt-ugly"XTRA grain" logo on the bottom?
  • md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife just bought a 20 ga. Urika 2 for dove hunting in Argentia. Gun ran like a dream for 3,000 rounds on the trip, but Lord,thats an ugly stock.Great shotgun, but I would go for the camo stock.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    Yep, I would pass. do they still put that butt-ugly"XTRA grain" logo on the bottom?

Yes, looking at the pictures in the ad the logo is at the bottom of the pistol grip.

Thanks for the info. I have an older model 391 sporting in 12 ga which I love. I am looking for a 20 ga and thought this might be an option. However, I think I will wait.
    Regards, MAALOX