In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Information please.

tommy_runnertommy_runner Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find out some information on a shotgun that I have. On the side it says "Springfield Arms Company, Chicopee, Mass". On the top it says "barrel and lug forged one piece". It is a single shot, with a lever that breaks it open to load the shell and it has a cocking hammer on top. I believe it is a 12 guage, but not exactly sure if is or not. Does anyone know what type of shotgun it is and where I can find pictures or information relating to this shotgun.

Thank you in advance.

Tommy

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=77166735
    like this?

It is different than that one. I am just trying to find the model number, so I can find pictures and information on it.

Thanks
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Springfield Arms Co." shotgun your inquiring about, was most likely made by Savage. They have used "Springfield" as a "Trade Name" on some of their inexpensive utility firearms. Savage Arms Co. was relocated to Chicopee Falls MA after W W II, and stayed in business there until the late 50's. You might have better luck researching your shotgun using either the Savage or Stevens names ( another "Trade Name" they used on their firearms ).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Welcome to the forums.

What you have is a utility shotgun for putting meat on the table. There's probably not going to be an "model number" per se. Springfield, Savage, & Stevens eventually all merged together.

If in shooting condition your gun is worth $50 to $125 depending on the appearance, bore, etc.

Thanks,
    I know it is probably not worth a whole bunch, it was given to my wife by her family, it belonged to her father and she is keeping it more for sentimental value.

Scouts Out