In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger vs. Everything Else?

IsurelkegnsIsurelkegns Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I dont have any experience with Ruger firearms or much experience with brands other than Smith & Wesson for that matter.I am looking at and considering purchasing a P-345 .45acp Ruger but was curious as to experience with this gun versus other polymer frame .45acp guns on the market today like the XD/Glock 21/HK/M&P things like that.Experience and suggestions are appreciated and any bad experiences with this firearm are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello IMHO you have picked one of the best if not the best semiauto pistol round ever made but have you ever tried a 1911 type pistol Get you a BLUED STEEL Colt series 70 and have a piece of American history.[:D] "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN" [:p]
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Rugers are reliable and well made guns that are much more wallet friendly than others. If the Ruger feels good in your hand then I say go for it.
  • PC800PC800 Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45
    Rugers are reliable and well made guns that are much more wallet friendly than others. If the Ruger feels good in your hand then I say go for it.

Agree. I have not tried the P345 yet, but I have shot other Ruger P90s and P97s semis and they are were VERY accurate and 100% reliable. The P90 I shot was as accurate as my Sig P220, for half the price. The P97 was accurate too and fits the hand well, the P345 looks like it would make a fine carry gun since it is thinned than the P90 or the P97.
  • IsurelkegnsIsurelkegns Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No this thing will definately not be a carry gun its way to hot where I live to hide a gun that size.I carry a Smith & Wesson 642 .38 special and thats about as big as I can conceal.This is more of a new house gun.
  • IsurelkegnsIsurelkegns Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perry Shooter thats what my father has he has a Colt .45 Government Model and a Nickel Colt Python .357 and I just did a search on those and they are some exspensive hand guns.I saw how much they were averaging and called my father and he said he paid $250.00 for his Government Model and $200.00 for the Python.I told him how much they were selling for now and thought he was going to have a heart attack...lol.A little to rich for my blood right now though.I did shoot his some but I loved that Python.
  • AZgunownerAZgunowner Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a p-89 9mm an a gp100 357mag ruger's..both preform flawlessly every time i take them out an they feel great in the hand..
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Ruger is a fine weapon for anyone beginning(or advanced for that matter)...even though it has more levers than a GLOCK. They are reliable, and accurate. The 1911 is not the best choice for an un experienced, or little experienced handgunner.
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a Ruger and the fellows at the range will laugh at you and chide you for not shooting "the best" like their Kimbers. Colts, S&W's, etc. They will tell you that Rugers are heavy ugly bricks that are inaccurate and junk.

When the shooting ends at the range then you can laugh at those fellows who were clearing malfunctions all day long while your Ruger ate all kinds of crap ammo and score just as well if not better than their pretty boy high dollar pistols.
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Ruger makes great guns that are very affordable and even more reliable. Hard to go wrong with that. Only ruger I have ever owned that I did'nt really like is the 10/22. And thats just me......
  • RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its for the house check out the P-90 also. Big but very good