In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hi-Standard 22 mag

jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
what would make a derringer not fire the round in the top barrel, what can I do to fix this? it makes a SMALL indention on the rim but then you put that same round in the lower barrel it will fire

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one of the H-S mag deringers, with the same problem, i.e. inconsistent ignition in one barrel. Switching to Federal .22 Mag ammo solved the problem.

I believe that either the primeing compound is more sensitive, or the the rim of the brass shell casing is thinner or softer on the Federal ammo?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Check the latch that locks the barrels closed. it might be loose and let the action open slightly or chamber could be PEENED from dry firing .It is no enough to Hit the rim on a 22 mag it must pinch the rim. so the round needs to be fully chambered "clean chamber" and it can't be peened away at the point where the firing pin hits the rim.