In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pietro Beretta SxS

ecyrbrcecyrbrc Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T.
SxS 12 Ga. Ser# 699xx Excellent condition.
Does anyone know if this has any value??
I don't know what model it is,
There is a "PB" on receiver under barells.
I think I found out how to post a picture.
It works!!!!!!!!!!

zBerettad.jpg

xBerettab.jpg

yBerettac.jpg

zBerettad.jpg

Comments

• geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    I believe that "Gardone" is an area in Italy where Beretta used to make guns and not the model. Most Beretta S X S's have a model such as BL-2, BL-5, etc. Also checked my books and can't find a VT.

Hopefully someone will know more, if not, double check for more information on the gun.

Best of luck
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello nice looking item not one of there highest grades as this shotgun is a box lock action however it is FAR from the cheapest grade with the figure in the butt stock and the hinged front trigger. If you remove the barrels and look at the water-table "action part that the barrels set on when closed" you should see some letters etc.the PB is PIETRO BERETTA.[:I]
  • ecyrbrcecyrbrc Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello nice looking item not one of there highest grades as this shotgun is a box lock action however it is FAR from the cheapest grade with the figure in the butt stock and the hinged front trigger. If you remove the barrels and look at the water-table "action part that the barrels set on when closed" you should see some letters etc.the PB is PIETRO BERETTA.[:I]

Thanks for reply, I found PS under a Star with scallopped circle,
    and FINIT under a Star with scallopped circle on the water table.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I sent you a long post to your Email listed on Gunbroker but it got rejected by your I.S.P.[:(][:(] too long to retype here sorry Karl That is why you should either leave your Profile blank or accept emails from members.[?][?][?][?][?][?] Hello Henry I hate to admit this but I am living in the stone age when it comes to computers and email. I did not want to take up another post on this site and was unsure if original poster was looking when I did edit on first post. Sorry about the rant but why put a email in your profile and then block messages [:(!]I though if he wanted to see my reply he could email me and then I could reply directly . I guess I am just a cranky old F#%*
  • kenpenkenpen Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a Silver Hawk or 409 - same thing. Serial #s don't tell you much on Berettas. Look on inside of forearm stamped in wood you may find a 409. Look on flat underside of barrels for a set of roman numerals. Add the roman numeral number to 1944 to get year of mfg. This gun probably mid 1960s. Look for stars or small circles on underside of barrels just in front of chambers they indicate choke. 1 star - Full, 2 star Imp Mod, 3 stars - Mod, 4 stars - Imp. Cyl. If you have more questions feel free to call. I collect older Berettas and I know these guns pretty well. Ken 931-469-7970