In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The best case lube ???

rudioredrudiored Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
What is the best case lube for you guys.....I have several and am not real happy with any of them....

Comments

• tlentlen Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both Dillon and Midway spray lube has worked great for me. Certainly a quantum leap from the old pad and roll'em lube.
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got absolutly sick and tired of RCBS sticky stuff and a rolling pad. What a mess, and then had to lube the inside of the necks separatly. Usually had a heck of a time with oil dents in the sholders too, no matter how careful I was. Then, you have to clean the whole messy case up, inside and out. Bought a can of ONE-SHOT and never looked back. A quick spray over the cases with the mouth towards me to get inside and it's perfect. Just let it dry a couple minutes - no cleaning required. Love it. A can lasts a long time too. The Lee tube of finger paste is ca ca too.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Redding Sizing die wax available from Sinclair.com, and other places is the absolute best available.
    It cleans up really easy, and a little tin lasts forever.
    I have never stuck a case while using it, and can't say that about all the rest of it.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm truly cheap and crude. Take a gallon size ziplock bag, a rag dampened with WD-40, add your cases and shake for a minute or two. I don't have carbide dies, and have never had a case stick.
  • crisisbillcrisisbill Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 70's I bought some stuff called Eagle Blood, I'm not sure if it's still even made but it has worked better than anything else I've found.
    I have about 10 bottles left and that should last me the rest of my life, a little goes a long way.
  • rudioredrudiored Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks...I think I will try some of the spray and sizing wax and see which one works best...I am also tired of the lube pads.Thanks again for the help...
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Just a note on tapwater's method.... I have heard that WD40 will degrade primers. So if you do this, make sure to clean the cases after.

My favorite? I've tried Dillon, Hornady, and Lee. I like the Hornady as it is not a sticky wet mess, but I find I get the smoothest resize with either Dillon or Lee. As the lee is a pain to deal with, I guess I'd say Dillon in balance.
  • cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    red,

instead of the pad, I use a cotton glove (light weight) on my left hand & work a small amount of lube into the glove. a light & uniform application is the ticket, no matter which lube you choose.
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used sprays but normally still use a pad with rcbs lube. I think most people just try to use too much lube. I don't load a lot of centerfire rifle right now but you would be surprised how few times I have to add lube to the pad. I can do hundreds of cases without adding lube to the pad. I still do have to lube the necks but for as many as I usually load at one time, it doesn't make much of a difference to me.