In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tapered scope mount

BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a rifle that I would like to add a tapered mount to. The rifle has an integral weaver type rail already. I'd like to do this without milling off this rail.

What's the best way to do this? I have seen an AR 15 flat top rail that looks like it is two piece, screwed together. I'm thinking of taking something like this apart and adding a tapered spacer, dowelling everything in place.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    what is a "tapered mount", and what rifle are you working with?
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    If your rifle has a integeral mount, you could possibly just drill, and tap the new tapered base to the old one.
    If your looking for long range sighting, try the inserts from Burris in there Signature rings.
    The + or - 20 will give you 20 inches at 100 yards, and they are available in 5's and 10's also.
    The tapered bases usually are 20 moa slants.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    what is a "tapered mount", and what rifle are you working with?

A tapered mount allows for zeroing a scope toward the bottom of the reticle adjustment at close range to enable more adjustment up at long range. Anzio 50 is the rifle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    If your rifle has a integeral mount, you could possibly just drill, and tap the new tapered base to the old one.
    If your looking for long range sighting, try the inserts from Burris in there Signature rings.
    The + or - 20 will give you 20 inches at 100 yards, and they are available in 5's and 10's also.
    The tapered bases usually are 20 moa slants.......

I wasn't aware of these. They look like the perfect solution.