In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 30.06 Semi automatic Value

CholbinCholbin Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me the value of my Remington 30.06 Semi automatic 742 Woodsmaster model? I believe bought back in late 60's early 70's.

Comments

• godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw one at a local pawn shop,they had 350.00 on it,from the late 60,s in very good shape hope that helps
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Whats its condition?? Scratched up with cracked stock and forearm? Fired a 1/2 million rounds thru it so its all worn out and jams? I've paid as low as $20. for one or as much as $300. But a heck of a lot more info is needed about yours before anyone can estimate a value. They do have a low value due to a bad reputation, the fact that the majority of them are worn out, parts arn't availiable for them (Rem. will not even work on one anymore), and the model 7400 is availiable.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • roysclockgunroysclockgun Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with 41nut. There are three things that determine the value of a used firearm: Condition, Condition and Condition.
    A very clean, unaltered Remington 742 in 30-06 should fetch $350 at an east coast, brick and mortar firearms auction. Prices vary according to where the rifle is sold or bought.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one on this site 2 or 3 years ago in .280 for $180. I put a synthetic stock on it and traded in to Gander Mountain for $275.
  • CholbinCholbin Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This gun is considered in excellent condition. Hardly ever used. This is a Remington Woodsmaster model 742R 30-06 SPRG
    Patten number 2685754 Ingraved into the metal is bear in the woods on one side and a deer in the woods on the other side. The stock is all wood. A few scratches on the wood at the barrel where the strap is attached. Short of that all in excellent working condition.