In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 57

tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Good gun?

If so, what is a reasonable price for a really nice one?

Comments

• Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester Model 57,serial#8299.It's been standing in a closet for over 40 years,The blue is worn off except on the receiver.the wood finish is dinged up.there's no rust on it . I oiled it a little and loaded the 5 round magazine.It functioned fine.It has a Lyman peep sight and a leather sling .The hooks in the sling are little greenish but not too bad.It has a single leaf rear sight ,folded down.The front sight looks off-center to me but I haven't shot at targets yet.It looks all original to me.I appreciate all info about vintage and value.I'll try to post photos tomorrow.Thanks
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Based on the serial number you gave, it should be a 1930 vintage gun. Winchester began production of the Model 57 in 1927, and discontinued it in 1937. Total production was just over 18,000.

In the condition you describe, it is not worth much more than a few hundred $$$.