In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

posting photos 2 Mark C.

jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Mark C,
When I go to photobucket, and click on the the image code to copy the photo, all I do is return to my post,set cursor where I want my photo to appear,right click, and hit paste.
I don't even get the image brackets up,just set the cursor,right click, and paste.

777 Ultra Sportsman 1939
ultra1.jpg

Comments

• slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My problem is in photobucket, not gunbroker. The only way I could get it here is to use shortcut on photobucket. that created a link to photobucket that works but you cannot see the photo directly on gunbroker. Will keep playing with it. Any other sugestions?
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    The photo above, can you see the URL
    can u do this
    ultra1.jpg
    edited November -1
    Nope. do not understand what you are trying to say. Maybe I have been playing with this too long!
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    Okay, right click on the photo go to properties and u will see the URL. Just highlight it and copy it and put it GB image code
    edited November -1
    no problem highlighting. can't seem to copy it.
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    slumlord,
    My offer still stands to call you and walk you through it.
    Me thinks you are doing what I did when I first tried, making it much harder than it is.
    We have explained it as best we can, maybe you need to do what I did.
    A kind man called me, and walked me through the process on line together, and got me going.
    I use the same process on GB, and any number of 6 or 8 other forums I frequent, it works on all of them.
    I just learned a couple new ways tonight that I will be trying.
    Anyway email me your # and when we can get together, I will be happy to try and talk you through it on the phone.
    Jim
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First select the image you want to post and hover your pointer over it.
    001-1.jpg

Next move your pointer down to IMG code and Left click the code.
    002-2.jpg

When you left click it you should see where it says "copied".
    004.jpg

Then return to your post here on GB and Right click where you want the image to appear. Then Left click "paste" and it will drop the link for you.

022.jpg

typos

2nd edit

I forgot to mention I use photobucket so this may or may not work with other hosting sites
    btw; I've found it best to steer clear of imageshack. Their site is buggy. My antivir goes nutts every time I've gone there.
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Asphalt cowboy.
    Excellent explanation!!
    A couple pics are definitely worth a thousand words!!
  • ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I'm on several forums, where, when you want to post pictures, there is a box that says "browse." When you click that, all your picture files come up and you are able to pick and choose. I wonder why GB doesn't work that way. Much easier. A different program, I suppose?
    Tom[?]
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Asphalt Cowboy gave the definitive answer. This site does not support photos from a hard drive and it never has. I imagine the amount of band width needed to handle such a large number if members is simply not worth the costs involved.