In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli Tactical and/or Rifled Barrel Advice...

labsolutlabsolut Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
First, thanks for taking your time to read this post. I appreciate it.
I want to put a short, non-rifled, iron-sighted barrel on a Benelli SBE II, or Super Nova.
What I really want is the "tactical" 18.5" iron-sighted barrel they make for multiple models.
The problem is that from what I can tell, all such barrels are made with a fixed cylinder choke.
Approaching it from the other end, all of the "deer slayer" style barrels offered are rifled.
What I want is a SBE II barrel in the tactical style with rifle sights ( not ghost rings), 18.5 inches long, but with interchangeable chokes. I actually don't care if it is the original style SBE, in fact, I would prefer it.
WHY would I want such a rig? I use a similar set up in Remington 1187 and 870 model shotguns with super tight chokes and super short non-rifled sighted barrels and it produces absolutely wicked patterns with the correct turkey load. I would like to try it with my Benellis, but can't seem to find the exact setup I need.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments