In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Info from Cody on winchester

bertman1017bertman1017 Member Posts: 102
edited October 2018 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for how a Winchester left the factory. I contacted Cody and will have to wait four weeks for letter. This is something that I have not bought yet but need to know if it's factory right to make correct offer. This is something I need to act quick on. Is there someone on this forum who could get specs on it without a factory letter ? Thanks Bertman

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can assist you, but need to know all of the specifics (model, serial number, caliber, etc.). It would also be helpful if you can provide clear detailed pictures of the subject Winchester.
  • bertman1017bertman1017 Member Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bert,
    1873 winchester , serial # 18273 , 44 caliber , checkered wood
    Sorry I can't post pictures, I have tried in the past with no luck.
    Years ago you could call Cody and give them a credit card and they would give you the info. Now you need a membership or wait four weeks for a letter. Thanks again
    edited November -1
    The CFM has not provided information over the phone to non-members for more than 20-years now.

You can send pictures of the rifle directly to me at Win1885@msn.com I will not be able to get information on it any sooner than tomorrow afternoon.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bertman1017
    I'm looking for how a Winchester left the factory. I contacted Cody and will have to wait four weeks for letter. This is something that I have not bought yet but need to know if it's factory right to make correct offer. This is something I need to act quick on. Is there someone on this forum who could get specs on it without a factory letter ? Thanks Bertman

I have the CFM research document... contact me at my email address for the details.