In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Perryshooter

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
Does this look familiar to you? I see that it mentions CP and thought that you may know this gun. I am not really interested in bidding just thought I would bring it up.[:)]

Todd

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275375432

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't seem to reply to your emails. "Failure to deliver"
    edited November -1
    I have a question for the master!

High Standard target pistols tend to be very sensitve to lead and lube used on 22 cal bullets. Can you tell me what is the current best choice for ammo for competition today? I used remington target 22 back thirty years ago.

Also I used to clean off the slide rails and used a lite spray of silicone to keep the pistol from gumming up! What do the experts do today with their extended options of lubes available?

Any help would be apprecidated.
    edited November -1
    Perry, your emails bounce back - I've tried sending from three different email addys of my own, hotmail, isp, and work. ALL have bounced back.

How can I reply to your questions?

Thanks,

ICE - NOT a studded class ice racer, a TRACTIONIZED tire (Rubber Solo) Ice racer
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip. I got that sight[:)]. (cost me a little more than I was hoping,but its the only one I've seen)

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
    edited November -1
    Sir; sometime recently you spoke of a lubricant you used on your firearms, I believe you said it was water soluable and wouldn't stain the wood. I forgot to write down the name and wonder if you could repeat same. Thanks in advance
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Thanks for thinking of me in reference to Camp Perry I did Shoot Pistol there each year 1972-2005 But alas never fired a Rifle shot at Camp Perry. I will state there is one famous part of the rifle range That spawned a very descriptive term THE PITS The worlds center for the production of Mosquitoes [;)][:(]
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington didn't commercialize the 25-06 until the late 60's. Prior to that it was a wildcat. The rifle on the auction obviously isn't factory original because of that.

To my way of thinking the person auctioning the rifle should flat out say this, rather then dancing around and being less then forthright about it. He's probably a used car salesman in his day job.
    edited November -1
    Rufe,

I agree with your logic. It is a shame that it isn't a factory caliber for that model year. However with the books it is kinda cool in a nostalgic sort of way. Will be interesting to see what it brings.

Todd