In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

help with shotgun value sidelock aya countryman

tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ask the Experts
hello i have a pretty little 20 ga sxs by aya.
its a countryman with english stock sidelock
whats it worth ? most of the sales i see are UK
IF I GET SOME EXPERTS HERE, ILL TELL YOU WHAT THE GUN PLUMBERS AT CABELAS SAID!
20k89zn.jpg
14izjmh.jpg
2d9cltf.jpg

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd insure it for a lot more than I would pay for it.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/secondhand-aya-shotgun-review.

also via google - "If you send the serial number to aya@aya-fineguns.com a very helpful lady called Carmen will let you know the model, date etc., usually within a day."
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $3500-$4000 is my best guess. Used one just like it to shoot quail once, sweetest 20 SxS I've ever shouldered. Wish I could afford one.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looks like a straight Euro gun, My guess north of 3k and CABELAS SAID 300-400 hundred. Did I win anything?
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i was hoping for $3k.. i have $1800 in it. i had to go to cabalas anyway . thy offered $1400 after they finger banged it, lol. idiot dry fired it after he field striped it, necessitating a check by the gunsmith, who reset it! thy gave me a 200 dollar gift card for the idiot gun plumber . too bad they re overpriced on most everything
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember that any dealer will only offer half or less of the retail you hope to achieve for it. And that is without causing damage! Selling on GunBroker is your best bet for getting full value, though the market is soft now it should bring what you want, and it is not one of the guns the panic buyers will be looking for anyway.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah roger that. I have never sold a gun to a gun shop or pawn stor.e. GunBroker and other boards. But I needed some help on this one as there are not any comps here in USA.