In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Belgium Browning M1922

ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Another of my grandfathers pistols that I am curious about. This is a M1922, sn#2616xx.
1. What is the date of manufacture?
2. What is with the gold scrolls?
3. What do the other markings mean?

img1078g.jpg
img1074o.jpg

Thank you so much in advance.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The serial number dates it to the 30's, prior to W W II and the nazi occupation of Belgium. Slide markings are the standard ones used during that time frame. Not likely the gold filled engraving and replacement grips are factory original.
  • ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I was figuring that the grips weren't original. I just couldn't find another with the gold engraving. It puzzled me. Thank you Rufe. You see this as just shooter value then?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ebeshirs
    Yes, I was figuring that the grips weren't original. I just couldn't find another with the gold engraving. It puzzled me. Thank you Rufe. You see this as just shooter value then?

Some folks like guns that have been fancyed up. If you can get some original grips or modern repos that look original. I believe it's value would be grater that just a "shooter" 1922 Browning.