In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question on GB "Buy It Now" pricing

the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
OK GunBroker experts. How does a Buy It Now auction with a BIN price of $26 get to its current bid of $29 and still going? Here's the auction:
468099535. I thought that when somebody agreed to "BIN" the auction ended. What am I missing?
yooper

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    no one clicked on BIN they just entered a NORMAL BID
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's what happens when you don't pay attention!
    Whoever placed the bid didn't hit the BIN button, they just put in a normal bid and cost themselves extra money.
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are 3 bids. The current high bidder is obviously bid #3. One of the other two bids must have screwed up. It happens.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In order to Buy It Now, you have to click the Buy It Now button. Anything else is just a normal lowly bid...
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Some people will bid the "Buy it now" price as their maximum, thinking if they can't get it for less, the auction will automatically stop when it hits their maximum bid since that was the original "Buy it now" price. It doesn't work that way as they often - and regrettably - find out.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You must physically click on the Buy It Now button. In the case below, simply bidding $1549 will not automatically win the item and end the auction.

iintitled_zpsieb1iy1d.png
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brown colored liquor does funny things to a guy when they go to bid[;)]
  • tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won a auction awhile back where the bid went higher than the bin. I hit the bin button an won.
  • the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're right. I forgot to enter stupidity into the factor. How silly of me. ;)
    yooper
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not necessarily stupid, but probably.

If someone wants an items with a BIN of $ 1,000.00, but are willing to pay $ 1,200.00 for the item and think they may be able to get it for $ 800.00, they may enter an autobid of $ 1,200.00.

This will take the BIN out of play, and if no one bids to the BIN, the guy that bid $ 1,200.00 will get the item for under the BIN price.

Twer it me, I would hit BIN if I was willing to pay more for the item, but some folks hope to get a little more for less.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele