In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

COLT TROOPER MARK V 22 CALIBER?

ALGECIRASALGECIRAS Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a colt trooper mark v in 357,does anybody know if colt ever made that same gun in a 22 caliber? id like to purchase one,,thanks

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, they did not.

Neal
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are some Trooper Mk III .22s out there, LR and WRM.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Diamond Back was a great late model Colt 22 The officers model Match made before that.
  • Options
    ALGECIRASALGECIRAS Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS RESPONSES
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ALGECIRAS
    I just purchased a colt trooper mark v in 357,does anybody know if colt ever made that same gun in a 22 caliber? id like to purchase one,,thanks

As already mentioned, there is a Mk III Colt Trooper in .22LR. Picture of mine is below.

I actually bought it from a well known seller on the auction site here a few years back. Gun LOOKS nice, has excellent bluing, and its built like the proverbial tank.

Despite all that and although its a **COLT** I really don't care for it that much.

The gun is just super-heavy, and neither the trigger pull nor sights really "do it" for me. (DA in particular is kind of stiff and "stacky"). I like a nice Smith 17 much better as an actual "shooter".

If you like your Colt Trooper and want something similar to practice with, this is a good choice. Also, obviously, prices on anything with the word "Colt" on it only tend to go in one direction, so no matter how expensive these seem now as a collector, I don't think you can go wrong with this.

Colt Diamond back .22? Nice gun. . if you're made of money [;)] Undoubtedly a better gun than the Trooper, but prices on these have just shot through the roof in the last few years. You'd be lucky to find any example for under $1000. For a nice "collectible" one with box, you might expect to pay 3x that (or more)!

DSCN0770.jpg