In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Sporter Match Hbar DOM PICS added

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Colt AR15 A2 Sporter Match Hbar 20" barrel 1/7 twist SN# MH 45xxx. It has the birdcage but the bayo lug is chopped. Forward assist, fixed carry handle, round handguards and caged mag release.

I do not have the box or manual, I believe that this is a "blue label" rifle manufactured around 1992, maybe a model 6601??

Can anyone confirm the DOM and model number please? I have not called Colt, I thought I would check here first. Thanks![:)]

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Look at www.biggerhammer.net.
    You have a 1978, 6601
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please post a photo of the model name, as stamped on the lower receiver.

Neal

EDIT: That is why I requested a photo. A Colt AR-type rifle's model name is THE NAME STAMPED ON THE LOWER RECEIVER. You have a "Sporter Match HBAR", which is model #R6601, first made in 1991. By that time, AR-15's had been discontinued for civilian sales. This model was made without a bayo lug. If by "chopped" you mean that bare metal is showing, then Bubba has done work on your rifle.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i dont think the bayo lug should be chopped i have a 86 Hbar that has lug??
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link dcs, that website has some great info. Here are a few photos Neal.

colt%20two.jpg[/URL]

colt%20one.jpg[/URL]
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Thanks Neal. The bayo lug is neutered from the factory by Colt. Bubba hasn't laid a hand on this rifle![:)]
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    Thanks Neal. The bayo lug is neutered from the factory by Colt. Bubba hasn't laid a hand on this rifle![:)]

That was the first ban the POS POTUS did to the AR'S [xx(]
    As if there were lots of drive-by bayonetting's [:0]
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    It came from Colt that way. Very accurate rifle. Shoots 1 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards with a 4 power scope.