In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

h&r 22cal 9 shot pistol

rbyerlyrbyerly Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
i just acquired a h&r 22 cal 9 shot pistol over the internet a couple of days ago i had aquestion about the cylinder i collect these pistols i have about 6 or 7 model 922 and model 929 the cylinder looks like it is for a model 929 because the center part slides in and out to eject the casings all at once not like the model 922 knocking them out one at a time the guy i bought it from said it was made in 1959 i thought all the 922 models did the same function it looks like you can use the cylinder rod to do the function serial #V13380 on bottom of grip cylinder has 2 and 6 stamped on it is the right cylinder or do i have to find the right one ? thanks forgot to add it has blond grips and barrel length is 2 inches

Comments

• rbyerlyrbyerly Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    h&r model 922 9 shot 22 cal
    problem with misfires at range almost every other one
    when i cock the hammer it feels weak possible weak mainspring? if so would i be able to replace it myself? serial# AL 1812 3and1/2" barrel
  • badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Recommend you let a gunsmith check it over and repair it if needed.
  • Floyd58523Floyd58523 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a look at the mainspring located under the hand grip panels. The spring has a plastic top piece that will brake and the gun handles just like you described. You can order a spring and replace it. Or if uncomfortable take it to a gunsmith.
    Very fun gun to shoot.
  • rbyerlyrbyerly Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    when i was cleaning it for the first time i took the grips off and did notice a white plastic piece floating in there couldn't figure out where it came from that must be the problem thanks for the info will order new mainspring from numrich gunparts
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Floyd nailed it!
    Had the same problems with my model 922, and one of my 999's
    Ordered new mainsprings from numrich, and no more problems!
    If I can replace them, I am sure you can too.
    Jim