In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shopping for a Suppressor

DirtyJerry44DirtyJerry44 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello All,

I am in the market for a 9mm Suppressor. I want one that I can remove the baffle stack for cleaning. I want it rated fully automatic. Can will mount to the muzzle by 1/2x28 TPI. I'm looking for an O.D. of 1.5" and maximum sound reduction.

Any suggestions or opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    My preference for 9mm FA rated silencers is the SWR Trident. While it is not a take apart can it is not really a need feature on a centerfire round that adds weight and size. A take down can is a MUST on a .22 if you shoot any kind of volume.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Getting a semi or full auto gun to cycle reliably requires expertise & experience.

If it were me, I would deal with a Class III dealer who is ALSO a Class III repair facility. I would buy everything from him (including ammo), with the written understanding that HE will put everything together & that it will function 100%.

I don't know if your requirements can be met for a can that will be used on an unknown gun. Your Class III dealer will work with you, as that is how he earns his living.

Neal