In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BDL shot show 700

Ode1891Ode1891 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a 2003 Remington 700 LIMITED in 7mm rem mag. It is a 700 BDL LIMITED Shot Show Special. I bought it new at Cabelas back in 2003.

It's been shot a 12-20 times, I have the box and original sales receipt. What do these rifles typically list for sale?

Thanks

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A New In Box one also in 7mm Mag sold for $1050 last December, it had a really nice dark wood stock. It never had a bid in the first 5 tries starting at $899. Yours will be less because its fired.
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I think that any perceived "collectability", or "rarity", is now gone. Suspect it would sell for about the same as a standard 700BDL.
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    I think that any perceived "collectability", or "rarity", is now gone. Suspect it would sell for about the same as a standard 700BDL.

I agree...
    Unless there is something about this particular rifle, which you didn't mention, that somehow makes it "special".......
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will not bring any more than its contemporary 700 BDL counterparts. Kind of like a commerative...they sell new for more, but then drop value, like a lead brick, to that of their common place counter parts.

Best
  • Ode1891Ode1891 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son is interested, and initially, I planned to sell it for the original price and include a Nikon scope I mounted. Just checking to make sure it's not some super rare model. In my opinion, the wood is much nicer, but like stated, it's a 700 BDL...no engraving etc.

Thanks