In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anschutzn 1516 question

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
LGS has a nice little Anschutz for sale. It is a 22 mag gun and is listed as a model 64, however the barrel is stamped 1515-1516. In looking at the blue book the first paragraph says that the model 64 action is listed as being a match action for the 1516, however looking at the BB there is no mention of a 1515-1516 model (1516 and 1518 only). By doing a search on the auction side there are a few 1516 models that represent what I'm looking at, but they vary a little. Anyone have any info?

Here is an example of the gun at the LGS:http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=398474673

FWIW, the gun has no sights and I can't seem to find any. Any idea as to what they would cost if they came up?

Thanks, and happy Memorial Day!!

Todd

Comments

• babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to look at the 1400 series. Here is the Champion shooters supply website. They are the place for Anschutz guns.
    The model 64 action is a small step down from the legendarily model 54 action. It will out shoot ANY bolt action .22 made today.

That gun needs a scope, the best you can afford. So you can see the ONE bullet hole in the group getting a little bigger with each additional shot.[:D]
    http://www.championshooters.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=41&virtuemart_category_id=41&Itemid=111
  • TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it looks very much like my 164m, Savage-Anschutz, 22 mag .
    The 64 was a 22 lr , the 164 a 22mag.
    It would appear to me the 1515-1516 is the non- Savage imported 164.
    In any case sights will probably be a bear to find and fairly pricey.
    my 164 with a 3x9 scope is a real tack driver at 50 yards, and deadly on squirrels at close to a 100 when your do your part.
    If the price is reasonable due to lack of sights and no scope, say at $500-$650 and in super condition I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys. Just seems weird that I can't seem to find much info on it, yet there are few out there. LGS is asking $650 with a cheap scope on it. Maybe I need a Memorial day present[^]
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    This action type is on the second tier Not the top of the line Check with Champions choice or Champions shooters supply Or Larry's guns
    Located in MAINE.they will have sights