In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FAL 308 HELP

treadlok97treadlok97 Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
My son is wanting a FAL. I do not know much about these. I am shotgun guy. What to look for metric or standard? What importer? What's good or bad????
THanks

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I work at a range in Wi, and live near DSA in No Illinois. From what I have seen theirs are about as good as it gets in an FAL. Produce a decent little variety of configurations. Check them out online.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I would stick with metric since other than the British Empire, everyone else in the world uses metric.
    Stick with the fixed stock vice the paras.
    Short of FN, the Steyr and Imbel are the best you can get.

If you decide you want to build your own, I can offer advice and assist with parts and instructions.
  • Options
    ribaldoneribaldone Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if you can get the DSA Voyager. Made entirely by DSA, it is a very decent entry level FAL. Atlantic Firearms had it listed for $975 plus the usual. Check the DSA site for full description. -good luck, Pete
  • Options
    bigcountry_75214bigcountry_75214 Member Posts: 494
    edited November -1
    I have an old Imbel that is a blast to shoot. would def. be a grab and go gun. On a different note...the FAL never lost a war.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the Falkland Wars it was used on both sides. Would that be considered a tie?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I would point out- it is 7.62 NATO, not .308