In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger 680/7mm express

toddlarsen01toddlarsen01 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Ruger M77 factory bull barrel .680/7mm remington express, I can't find any info. on when or where it was built or what it might be worth, I was wondering if I could get some help from the experts. I appreciate any help.

Comments

• MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    .680 ? Do you dare to shoot it?

I think you mean .280.
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see where they made a model 77V (varmint) in caliber .280 24 inch barrel from 1968 to 1992. You could maybe call Ruger with the serial number and they could tell you the year it was made.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .680" should be the bull barrel diameter at muzzle.[;)]

Probably made in the late 70's to early 80's if it has that heavy barrel.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is marked ".280REM. or 7mmEXP.REM." and, per the serial number listing in the book, RUGER AND HIS GUNS, was made in 1989. My rifle though, is a standard weight sporter, not a heavy barrel.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • toddlarsen01toddlarsen01 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry it is a .280/7mm express sorry for the confusion
    edited November -1
    I contacted Ruger with a request of how many heavy barrel .280/7mm express remington's were made and I got nowhere, any more suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    Mine is marked ".280REM. or 7mmEXP.REM." and, per the serial number listing in the book, RUGER AND HIS GUNS, was made in 1989. My rifle though, is a standard weight sporter, not a heavy barrel.

is there any way to find out how many were made?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toddlarsen01
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose

is there any way to find out how many were made?

You might consider posting to the Ruger collectors forum. At this link. Sometimes collectors have a better handle on little known/low production variations. Than even the manufacturer.

{Elsewhere}