In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bersa 383A information please

yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have the opportunity to purchase a Bersa 383(a?) pistol. This is the nickel plated model. What would be a decent price to pay, and not knowing anything about this brand of handgun, are they reliable and/or worth the investment.
Thanks!

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a similar one in .22, years ago. Although it worked OK. Sights and trigger pull, were mediocre. Older models from the 80's. Make sure its functional and reliable!

Parts and magazines might be very difficult to come by. For a out of print Bersa, that hasn't been sold in years, just saying. If it test fires OK? Factory original in at least VG condition. My wag it would be in the $200/$300 range, as a personal protection handgun. I wouldn't consider it to be an investment. As there is little collector interest that I'm aware of, in the older Bersa's.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Bersa 380 and it's good to go and for the price it's a keeper.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I've always had good luck with Bersa, although I never owned a 383. Nickel brings no premium on a pistol like this. It is a working/carry gun and forget about collector interest or investment potential...There is none. I'd be hard pressed to spend more than $200, even NIB.

As R-S mentioned, these pistols have been out of production for about 25 years, so parts are iffy at best.
  • yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll pass on this one..........(I have enough toys that I can't find parts for already!)