In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

glock 9mm single stack

magicms1234magicms1234 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know if glock is going to make a single stack 9mm??If so possible date released?

Comments

• magicms1234magicms1234 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forgot in a COMPACT Model
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been yelling at prominent GLOCK folks for years now, to make a single stack version of the 26/27, and 19/23. It seems to fall on deaf ears. They just cant get it thru their heads that some people require less of a grip profile, for comfort, and concealment.

The Kahr CW series in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP comes to the rescue. Also the S&W SHIELD's in 9mm, and 40 S&W are very nice.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Don't see a reason the G-42 couldn't be made in 9mm [^]
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They make 36 single stack 45 which is a sleeper, I don't see why they can't in 9mm.

I did speak with some Glock folks a couple months ago and they said they couldn't keep up with the production now. They may be why they are not inclined to introduce another model.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rsnyder55
    They make 36 single stack 45 which is a sleeper, I don't see why they can't in 9mm.

I did speak with some Glock folks a couple months ago and they said they couldn't keep up with the production now. They may be why they are not inclined to introduce another model.

They just introduced at least 3 new models at the SHOT show this year. All of them long slides With optics mounting plates.

EDIT 1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    I have been yelling at prominent GLOCK folks for years now, to make a single stack version of the 26/27, and 19/23. It seems to fall on deaf ears. They just cant get it thru their heads that some people require less of a grip profile, for comfort, and concealment.

Don't be silly.
    Don't you know the Glock is **PERFECT** exactly as it is? [;)]

They are missing a big market share, when it comes to single stack pistols. Big enough that breaking ground and enlarging their facility, and expanding production, would be easily warranted.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rsnyder55

They just introduced at least 3 new models at the SHOT show this year. All of them long slides With optics mounting plates.

I'm not sure of their logic. Perhaps they did want to make a new frame size. I'm just repeating what I was told.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Don't be silly.
    Don't you know the Glock is **PERFECT** exactly as it is? [;)]

EDIT:
    Glock DOES sell a single stack 9mm, only its made by another company and is called the "Diamondback DB9". [;)]

Obviously, I'm being tongue in cheek here.

Glock sells lots of CCWs with their 26 and 27s. They are also making TONS of money, due to the exceptionally wide margins they manage to achieve with their inexpensive-to-manufacture plastic and stamped-metal pistols.

One of the attractions of the subcompact Glocks is that they share mags with the larger pistols. You'd lose that advantage with a single-stack Glock. To make a single stack Glock would effectively require going back to the drawing board with a completely overhauled design and entirely new tooling. Sure Glock could do that, but given the pricing of what's out there now, they probably wouldn't be able to maintain the fat margins they're used to on something like that.

Despite that, I agree Glock would probably sell a lot of guns (basically just on the strength of its brand name) if it came out with something small akin to the Diamondback, Kel-Tec Pf9, and others in that category. The "small 9mm" niche is filling up rapidly. . .Glock is already late to this part.

If you're talking about a FULL SIZED single-stack 9mm, in general, not too many people want those anymore. Whether or people "should" is another question, but most people interested in something like that opt for single-stack 9mm 1911s now. I wouldn't hold my breath for Glock (or anyone else) to come out with something like that now.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, well. . .apparently they *DID* listen!

So Glock is coming out with a new single stack compact 9mm its going to call the model 43.

Details on internals/cost/availability aren't out yet, but it appears this gun will be available before too long:

http://gunupthemagazine.com/?p=152
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock's new G43 will debut at the NRA Annual Meeting, April 10-12, 2015, in Nashville, Tenn. at the GLOCK booth (#633). Guns will be start shipping immediately after the convention.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WITH A LITTLE BIT LARGER SIGHTS MORE BIFOCAL FRIENDLY