In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Golden State Arms .45 cal

Sercomm1Sercomm1 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have acquired a .45 cal pistol I need info on. It is a Golden State Arms/Santa Fe .45 cal. I can only find info on their rifles. Any idea how to find the value or history would be nice, Thanks in advance. Sercomm

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were milsurp rebuilds, some good and some bad. Some of the frames were re-welds, and they come apart. Check it closely to see if that's what you have.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    They were milsurp rebuilds, some good and some bad. Some of the frames were re-welds, and they come apart. Check it closely to see if that's what you have.

+1,

Golden State Arms was a short lived organization unfortunately. Due to mismanagement. They were in business, between the early 1950's and 1965.

The only guns that they sold. Or were sold after their bankruptcy. That have any great collectors value. Are the early import HK's, G 3 & 41.
  • ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Golden State Arms of Pasadena was a great place to visit and see hundreds of guns on display. They sold thousands of rifles to Sears and Montgomery Wards, Kleins and many others. These used military rifles were the start for many collectors. They operated a rebuild facility in Puerto Rica that processed large numbers of guns. There is also a sort of catalog called "World's Guns" that gave details on hundreds of guns that were available. I can't think of a gun company that did not have issues, in this case most of the principles went on to operate companies that lasted many additional years. Many of the dewats they sold are now live guns and worth their weight in gold. I was not an employee but enjoyed shopping there. The name was so well remembered that there was also Golden State Arms of Huntington beach that sold AK's SKS's and many other imports.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The going out of business auction was quite an affair. Silly people bid up all the guns over what they could have paid a few days earlier. There were some good deals on all the other items.
    You had your choice of long rows rifles from several countries priced from five to ten Dollars. The high number Springfields were out of my range at over thirty Dollars.