In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shotgun Barrels

MarkFi2323MarkFi2323 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Where is a good place to go to buy replacement shotgun barrels. I would like to find one for a Winchester 1300 with screw-in choke tubes

Comments

• MarkFi2323MarkFi2323 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a rifled 12 ga. barrel, Can I shoot any slugs through it. And another question, does the barrel length restrictions count with rifled barrels.
    edited November -1
    What is the benefit of longer barrels?

Sperling PE
    edited November -1
    I would like to know how easy it is for a gunsmith to cut down an 1100 shotgun barrel. I'm simply interested in cutting down a left-handed (hard to find) 30" fixed full choke barrel to a 26" IC. My simple mind just wants to hunt ducks and roosters. I have a 1100, but the hastings barrel I bought 18 years ago is for 3" shells but my 1100 is chambered for 2 3/4" It works, but will not cycle shells occasionally.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sell the Hastings and trade for a 26" ? maybe
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    it's easy to 'lop' off 4" of barrel but you would have no choke at all. you could then have the barrel threaded for screw in choke tubes.
  • cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best advice is call Brownells tech service.

Second call should be to Briley Mfg.

A google search will give you contact No.s.

I am thinking to cut down a barrel is a simple matter but in doing so you lose all choke. The easiest way I know of to put it back is to bore & tap for screw in chokes.

The feeding problem is probably unrelated to chamber length of the Hastings barrel. Discuss that issue with Brownells tech dept.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the responses. If as you say the ejection problem is not hastings barrel related, I'll work on the gas rings and springs etc.

Cheap fix - guns works ok, hangs about 1 in 10.

MF
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The feeding problem is probably unrelated to chamber length of the Hastings barrel.
    3" barrel has one gas port, and the 2.75" has two. Some choose to drill the gas port out larger to cycle the 2.75". Works fine until you run a 3" through it, and beat the hell out of the receiver.
    Mark, he's real proud of his barrels, but usually has the hard to find ones. Scroll down the list to LH barrels.
    http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/rem1100barrels.htm
    edited November -1
    Thanks Trap. They got one, I'll call them tomorrow!
    MF
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 inch barrel should have one gas port. A 2&3/4 inch barrel should have two gas ports. Several ways to make this work.