In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sears 20 ga sxs questions

mossberg500manmossberg500man Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
Im looking for the real name of a shotgun i own, its branded sears model 433 512380, im attempting to hunt down the cocking levers for it any translation help appreciated

Comments

• 317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick google search references as a AyA manufacture. I believe they are Spanish made, pretty good quality. Someone else more knowledgeable should be along soon. Check with Numrich Parts, I believe they have a cross-reference guide for store branded guns, as well as a large parts house.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is a AYA? It would be marked either, "Spain", or "Made in Spain". Also have Spanish proof marks on under side of barrels and/or watertable.

One of the Spanish proof marks will likely be a coded date. This might help you get the correct parts for the AYA. By figuring out it's approximate DOM
  • mossberg500manmossberg500man Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    If it is a AYA? It would be marked either, "Spain", or "Made in Spain". Also have Spanish proof marks on under side of barrels and/or watertable.

One of the Spanish proof marks will likely be a coded date. This might help you get the correct parts for the AYA. By figuring out it's approximate DOM
    it is aya ive gotten that far but now im looking for what model aya shotgun it would be, update ive figured out its a model 106, now where could i find cocking levers for it? I've checked midwest gun works and numrichs
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mossberg500man

it is aya ive gotten that far but now im looking for what model aya shotgun it would be, update ive figured out its a model 106, now where could i find cocking levers for it? I've checked midwest gun works and numrichs

Outfit in Texas that does a lot of shotgun work is Brileys. There not cheap though. I wouldn't be putting big bucks, in a old utility grade shotgun sold by Sears.

Older Spanish guns had handfitted parts. Even though you were able to buy cocking levers, from a used parts dealer. Doesn't likely mean that they would work, without a very knowledgeable gunsmith massaging them.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact AYA:
    http://www.aya-fineguns.com/contacto_en.php

NEC does service work:
    NEW ENGLAND CUSTOM GUN SERVICE, LTD

438 WILLOW BROOK ROAD
    PLAINFIELD, NH. 03781
    Phone: 603 4693450
    Fax: 603 4693471
    bestguns@comcast.net
    www.newenglandcustomgun.com