In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

double barrel 45acp

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
Just saw a picture of a automatic double barrel 45acp pistol. What about that? Shoots both barrels at one time.

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have been around for years...They were marketed by Cobra, if I am not mistaken...double barrel with two hammers.

They could also be had in 45 Colt/410...basically a 45 barrel with a 410 chamber...the chamber had a rib in it so it would not chamber anything longer than 45 Colt.

Best
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is a automatic pistol
    edited November -1
    OK...yes...a SEMI-AUTOMATIC 1911 style...
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about it? It is a curiosity at best, even if a well made one. It has no practical use. Well, you could turn it sideways and put twice the lead of the next gangsta...
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am asking to see if the seller has one in stock. Every other auction has only been taking orders.

This is bound to be out of production pretty soon, and may be a collectible in a few years.

Obviously time will tell.

To the OP:

Yes, it shoots both barrels at one time, and is, IMO, stupidly impractical. If they are actually being manufactured, I have to think they total will be quite small.

Edit: They have them in stock. I think I am going to need someone to tell me how stupid it would be to buy one.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    both barrels at once , one empty shell case out the right side and one out the left side. would be fun to shoot..
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't there some sort of Batf law about firing more than one bullet per trigger pull???

[;)][B)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    Isn't there some sort of Batf law about firing more than one bullet per trigger pull???

[;)][B)]

No...if that were so, there would be many antique shotguns outlawed.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    quote:Originally posted by babun

[;)][B)]

No...if that were so, there would be many antique shotguns outlawed.

Antique= pre 1898....NOT a firearm.
    shotgun??? with 5 inch barrels made 2 weeks ago???

From batf,

""The (6) distinct types of Class III NFA weapons are .

1) Machineguns - Often referred to as full-autos, automatics, etc. any firearm which fires more than 1 bullet for each individual pull of the trigger.""

How about the M-16's with only tri-burst {no full auto} capability.

In fact the Batf has recently looked into fragmented bullets as to legality. Okayed by them.