In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

muchow0123muchow0123 Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a question for the people that know alot about 870 s. I have one that Remington told me via email it was made in 1950. It has silver inlays on both sides of the receiver. It is a full choke. Has anyone ever seen one and would you know a ballpark value. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• muchow0123muchow0123 Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok I have a single shot 16 gauge and 2 22's. My dad says I should buy a 870 before I buy a predator gun. So what should I do? Oh and I thank you for the help. Now I'm gong to buy a 223. like you guys said and some day when I have the extra money I'll buy a 17HMR. Ok good bye.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow that is old, You need to post some pics. though. I have never seen one with silver inlay.I have 5 of them but the value is not real high on them. I see alot of them at shows that go from 250 to about 450.Yours having the inlay and the condition would make the price vary.
    edited November -1
    Here is a few pictures Thanks again

img0052jq.jpg
    img0053cp.jpg
    img0054bc.jpg
    img0055uf.jpg
    img0057yd.jpg
    img0049nj.jpg
  • GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe a "custom" 870 wingmaster! Was it engraved at the remington factory or did someone else do it?
    edited November -1
    This gun has been in the family for over thirty years and I am sure the engraving was factory
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    I like it. The pictures of it in the bathroom, with the linnen closet door adjar...Please don't tell me it is stored in there, where hot steamy showers are.[;)][;)][;)]
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might have to contact the Remington society on that one. Once in awhile Remington would do special runs for Distribtors like Grice and never catalog them
    http://remingtonsociety.com/

Just a guess but I think that is a 870F premier which was a custom order only. Next level would be 870F premier gold
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Wow very nice. That is a very distinctive scroll work treatment. Almost makes it look like sea shells. and then with both a flower Bloom and also an entire plant and stump as part of the forest scene with the rabbits. If it were me. I would open another topic subject line Help me identify this Engraver most people that know engraving would not be drawn to your original post about Remington 870. also try to contact.
    Pauline Murxxx I cant remember her name maybe someone else will remember She used to post here she is an engraver. She worked for Winchester but like Artist one Engraver can tell the style of other engravers if it is someone that has been in the business from years past. The older Gun Digest and Shooters Bible had complete sections on engraved guns you might look through some 1950's copies.
  • md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a rare gun. The stock looks a little rough around where it intersects the receiver...

Standard wing masters from that era would fetch $200-400 dependent on condition.

With that engraving you are in a special class!