In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 510

marcus396marcus396 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
Friend inherited the rifle from his grandfafher.my friends father is 73 years old and remembering shooting this rifle as a young boy. My friend also shot this rifle as a kid. Story has it. Grandfather got this gun before he was married in 1934. It says 510 the target master 22lr. 22 short. And long. Left side of barrel is code CSS with a star. Right side of barrel is 24. I dated it 1924 or if the SS 1947. The 510 was not produced until 1939?. Could this be an earlier model 41 unmarked barrel and then stamped with 510?. Really scratched my head on this one. Just does not add up.. thank you. Edit.. thanks for the 1947 date. He said it'd been in family since 1930's.

Comments

• TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first letter C is the month code for April. The SS is the year code for 1947. Your friend's rifle was made in April, 1947.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The 5XX was a great series of Remington rifles 10 = single shot
    11+ repeater both magazine fed 12= tube fed 21= JR Target
    513 = target 513S = sporter target. I am sure I might have missed others at the same time they made the gold standard of American made Target 22 The Remington model 37 target even the 5 shot and singe shot magazines were MILLED nor stamped sheet metal. [^]
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    my rem 510 is a routage .22 smoothbore # 64027 barrel code EPP oct 1945 and when you work the bolt the safety is automaticly push on.the rifle is in very good condition with very little use. any info? mr myopic.
  • cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 510 both myself and a friend has you can drive nails with when I was young I would set a coke or beer bottle flat on it's side shoot through the neck and blow the bottom of the bottles out.